Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Pour vos donations. S'il vous plais Cliquer Ici Contribution, Aider ce forum à ce développer...
Rechercher

Résultats par :

Rechercher Recherche avancée
Sponsors
créer un forum
Derniers sujets
» Microsoft Flight Simulator X Edition Pro FR
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime5/4/2014, 02:49 par sterca1

» torrent de flight simulator,
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime4/6/2012, 01:23 par berlodad

» USB Disk Security 5.1.0.15
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime4/6/2012, 01:19 par berlodad

» Réseau - Communication (Cours)
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime30/3/2012, 03:24 par berlodad

» Changement de pseudo pour naim_13 au shadow
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime17/4/2010, 05:52 par berlodad

» Font d'Ecran 2009 Plus.
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime17/3/2010, 23:54 par Shadow

» Initiation au DELPHI 7
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime7/3/2010, 02:13 par berlodad

» Puissant Techniques de programmation Pour vous protéger
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime7/3/2010, 02:12 par berlodad

» IT Prestige - Joomla Template FULL
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime6/3/2010, 03:06 par berlodad

» C'est moi !
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime2/3/2010, 02:37 par ilham

» vBulletin Forum v4.0.2 PHP NULL-DGT
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime1/3/2010, 18:34 par noora

» Simple Image Gallery PRO v2.0.5
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime1/3/2010, 18:29 par noora

» Digital Juice FULL 2009
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime23/2/2010, 08:43 par berlodad

» Adobe Photoshop CS3 10.0.1.0 Extended Win/Mac + Best Plugins Pack 2010 fot Photoshop
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime16/2/2010, 03:03 par berlodad

» Picture Collage Maker Pro 2.1.5.2649 (Portable)
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime16/2/2010, 03:01 par berlodad

» Dynamic Auto-Painter 2.0.7
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime16/2/2010, 02:59 par berlodad

» SilkyPix Developer Studio Pro 4.1.29.0 (Portable)
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime16/2/2010, 02:58 par berlodad

» AMS Software Photo Collage Creator 3.51
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime16/2/2010, 02:56 par berlodad

» CorelDraw Production 2010 Portable
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime16/2/2010, 02:55 par berlodad

» Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 3.v3.11-TE
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_icon_minitime16/2/2010, 02:53 par berlodad

Meilleurs posteurs
berlodad
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_vote_lcapHow to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_voting_barHow to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_vote_rcap 
ahmed
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_vote_lcapHow to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_voting_barHow to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup I_vote_rcap 
ilham
noora
Layati
Shadow
alihaidar
nacera
bilal93500
CURTIS03
Statistiques
Nous avons 90 membres enregistrés
L'utilisateur enregistré le plus récent est neaziaa1

Nos membres ont posté un total de 509 messages dans 149 sujets
Marque-page social
Marque-page social reddit      

Conservez et partagez l'adresse de sur votre site de social bookmarking

Conservez et partagez l'adresse de
sur votre site de social bookmarking
Le Deal du moment :
Nike : Jusqu’à 50% sur les articles de ...
Voir le deal

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup

AuteurMessage
ahmed
Super-Modérateur
Super-Modérateur
ahmed

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup Empty
MessageHow to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup Preview
Citation :
Jun 12th in Tools & Tips by Don Engel

Most people think of Google’s Sketchup (Free and Pro) product to be primarily a 3D tool, but it is also a powerful means for creating complex shapes to be used in 2D vector packages. In particular, it is a fabulous tool for creating primitives that require precise geometry in order to "look right."

We’ll be creating a gemstone in this tutorial. I use Illustrator and Sketchup Pro, but similar effects can be achieved with Corel, Inkscape, Xara or other tools and the freeware version of Sketchup.

Final Image Preview

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 40
Now, you could just draw this free-hand or to use other 3D packages for similar end results, but using Sketchup has distinct advantages over either approach:

1. Sketchup has a free version. The Pro version makes this tutorial even easier, but I’ll show you how to use both Pro and Free with good results.
2. Often called the MSPaint of 3D modelling, Sketchup is very simple and fast. It allows you to compose the position of your objects in 3D without the learning curve of more complex products.
3. You won't get 75% done with a project only to have a client tell you they don't like the view you chose to illustrate.

There are many more we could list, but those are some big ones.

Step 1
First off, in order to complete this tutorial you will need Google Sketchup, available here. You’ll also need Illustrator (preferably CS4), or be willing to adapt these steps into your vector program of choice. I will further assume a very basic familiarity with Sketchup, or that you will spend about 15 minutes going through its very easy tutorial that launches the first time you start the program. Now let's get our bling on!

First, open Sketchup. Select the "Product Design and Woodworking" template from the initial opening screen. All this does is set the units to inches (or millimeters if you go metric) by default and gives us a clean scene to start from. If you use an older version of Sketchup and don't see this initial screen, you'll probably need to delete the man avatar placed into the scene before you start working.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 1

Step 2
Turn on the Large Tool Set.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 2

Step 3
Turn off Edge Profiles, and Extensions, if enabled. Leave a check on Show Edges.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 3

Step 4
Select the Polygon Tool (the triangle icon). By default it is a hexagon, but we want an octagon. To get this, just type 8 and hit Enter. The shape will change into an octagon.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 4

Step 5
Place the octagon shape on the point where all three axes intersect (the green, red, and blue lines). Click the mouse button, and just drag a little. An octagon will appear, and in the bottom right you’ll see dimensions changing as you drag. If you are using English units, type 20 (you do not need to select the text box first) or the millimeter equivalent if you are a metric kind of person. Hit Enter on your keyboard.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 5

Step 6
If you have a wheel mouse, you can use it to zoom into your work. Otherwise, click the Zoom Extents icon (it looks like a magnifying glass with four arrows) to fill your screen with your work.

You now have a 20” wide octagonal plane, laying flat. We need to make another octagon twice that size. Do the same thing you did in Step 5, but this time we'll use 40 for the octagon's size.

In Sketchup, the software helpfully auto-snaps to midpoints and points on a line. We will use this to make the outer ring points appear directly across from the inner octagon’s edge midpoints. Starting from the center of the inner octagon, use the Polygon Tool and draw another octagon, placing the new octagon's point into the middle of one of the first octagon’s faces. That's a mouthful, so a picture might help. It should look like the image below.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 6
Then type 40 and hit Enter. You should now see something like the image below.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 6_5

Step 7
Now it’s time to draw the facets of the gem. Click the Line Tool, and connect the points as shown.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 7

Step 8
You can probably see where we are going; this sun-shape is going to end up as the top of our gem. Now, we need to move into the 3D realm a bit. Start by choosing the Select Tool (the black arrow) and click twice in the center octagon. It will select the face, and all eight inner edges.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 8

Step 9
Select the Move Tool and click on the selected face, then drag it up (you don't have to hold the mouse button down). Hit the up arrow on the keyboard. This is a shortcut key that restrains our movements to the blue (vertical or Z) axis. Make sure it says On Blue Axis, then type in 14 and hit Enter. Congrats! If you are new to -D you just became a 3D artist! That was easy!

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 9

Step 10
At this point we should get a little distance from our object. Roll the mouse wheel back a few clicks, and then select X-ray from the View > Face Style menu. This will let us view our developing model as if it were made of colored glass.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 10
Next, use the Orbit Tool to get a new perspective from underneath. Now select the Tape Measure Tool. We are going to make the bottom cone of the gem now. In Sketchup, the software very helpfully auto-snaps to the center, midpoints, and points on a line. We will use this to position the Tape Tool at the vertex of the axes (like in Step 5). When the word Origin comes up, click with the Tape Tool, drag down the blue axis a little, and type 60.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 11

Step 11
Now, we will use the Line Tool again to connect all exterior hex points to this single point, 60” below. When we are done, it will be the bottom cone of the gem. Rotate the model using the Orbit Tool as shown.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 12
And then use the Line Tool to connect each outer point to the construction point.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 13

Step 12
Once you are done, rotate your model around with the Orbit Tool! Check to make sure you've connected all your points and fix any if needed. One last thing to do- with the Select Tool is hover over the dotted construction line we made. It will glow blue. Select it, and press Delete. We’re done at this point with Sketchup as far a drawing is concerned – now, we just need to compose our view of the gem, do a 2D export and it's off to make it pretty!

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 14

Step 14
Rotate the gem around using the Orbit Tool until it looks a bit like the image shown below. You want there to be a lot of interesting facet intersections.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 15

Step 15
Switch the face style to Wireframe.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 18

Step 16
If you are using the freeware version, export the image as a PNG. Make sure you can see the whole gem in the window as it exports the image based on what you see in the window. If you are using Sketchup Pro, you should export as EPS. Before you export as EPS, click on the Options button.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 16

Step 17 (Sketchup Pro Users Only)
Set your export options as follows. Click OK, and then click Export on the previous dialog box. We’re done with Sketchup. Save your gem file, and close sketchup if you wish.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 17

Step 18 - 21 (Sketchup Free Users Only)
Open Illustrator and start a new document. If you were using SU pro, we’ll be using the EPS files that Pro can provide, so you can skip along to step 23. However, if you had to use raster (PNG), then follow the next four steps.

Step 19
Use the Place command to put the PNG file of the gem wireframe on the artboard.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 19

Step 19
Live Trace the image using the shown settings for Black and White Logo.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 20

Step 20
Remove some of Live Trace’s general screw-ups when dealing with straight lines by using the Direct Selection Tool (A), and the menu command Object > Simplify with the settings shown below.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 22
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 23

Step 21
You now have a vector wireframe for your gem. It isn’t as clean as what the Pro EPS can provide, but it is a decent approximation that can be reworked with the Direct Selection Tool and a little time.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 24

Step 22
For the rest of the tut, I'll work with the EPS wireframe exported by SU pro. Start by placing the wireframe EPS file, and then Embed it. It may come up very big on the artboard. No biggie, just size it down to something reasonable. You can do this by using the Select Tool's drag points with shift held down, or by using the Scale command.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 25

Step 23
Make a copy of the wireframe and move it out of the way for now. We will need it later. Select the top gem, and then use Command + Alt + X to make it a live paint group (Live Paint > Make).

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 26

Step 24
We need a color palette. I’m choosing "Red Hot" from Kuler, so we can make a ruby. You can make your own color choice if you want a different gem color. Using the Live Paint Tool, color the whole gem a bright color. Then color individual facets different shades of your color similar to this series of images below.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 27
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 28
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 29
How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 30

Step 25
Select the live paint group, and expand it by going to Object > Expand.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 32

Step 26
Now we have filled facets that can be singularly edited using the Direct Selection Tool. The last step is creating lighting effects by adding highlights and gradients. To do this, we need to make a few full-facets. As you can tell, the top facet is a big octagon, but is made up of seven separate shapes.

I've used the Direct Selection Tool with Shift pressed to select them all at once, then I copy (Command + C) and pasted (Command + V) them. Finally, group (Command + G). This last step is a precaution against accidental deselection, but isn't really required. Then use the Pathfinder Panel to Unite the seven sections into a single face for the gem top.

Optionally, you can create a new layer called "lighting" and move this inside (and later,move all other shapes that you intend to use as lighting effects for the gem inside as well). This keeps things organized.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 33

Step 27
Change the object’s fill to Fade To White (CS4 only feature, CS3 users have to use the Gradient Mask feature)...

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 34

Step 28
...and place it on the top of our gem inline with the shapes that it was made from. CS3 and CS4 make this very easy. The object will snap into place when it comes close enough. If you notice it is off when you drop it, use the arrows to nudge it into place.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 35

Step 29
We can now follow the same steps to create more effects for other facets. Get creative! Introduce directional fades (made very easy in CS4 and Xara), spot colors, and more to give the piece depth and interest. Play with opacities, you could even embed objects inside the gem by using the right layering order.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 36

Step 30
Remember the wireframe? It’s time for the final steps. Select the wireframe, and give it a thin stroke of .75 or so with a dark version of the gem color, or black if you want it to look less real and more cartoony. Optionally, move it to its own layer, called "wires," or just arrange it to the very top of the layer...

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 37
..and move the wireframe on top of the gem, to accentuate the facets.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 38

Conclusion

Lastly, add optional embellishments like flares, internal occlusions, or other effects as you see fit. Save again; you have been saving, right? And you’re done! Thanks for following along; I'm working on a similar piece for concept painting that I hope to finish in the weeks to come.

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup 40
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Partager cet article sur : reddit

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup :: Commentaires

salem Ahmed,

c'est un bon tuto là.... mais il faut faire en français parce que c'est mieux a comprendre Very Happy

tres bon tutoriels Ahmed
ahmed
Re
Message 31/8/2009, 07:47 par ahmed
oui, berlodad, mais ce tuto est d'origine en Anglais, c'est tous !!

je vais voir la prochaine fois Very Happy , merci
bonsoir, ahmed c'est un bon tuto, Very Happy j'aimerais bien que tu face des tutos d'illustrateur
merci, ilham oui je vais faire des tutos d'illustarteur, merci pour le comment Laughing

How to Create 3D Gemstones Using Adobe Illustrator and Google Sketchup

Page 1 sur 1